New Upper Forth Crossing Access Jetties
Briggs Marine Contractors constructed two steelwork jetties to facilitate marine operations at a new road bridge crossing on the Rover Forth. The jetties were located on either side of the river and measured 32m and 170m long.
The works principally involved driving of tubular piles and installing a suspended deck. Briggs were responsible for all temporary works, piling operations, fabrication and installation
- 12No. 752 x 17.5 Bearing Piles @ 26m long
- 8No. 752 x 12.5 Mooring Piles @ 26m long
- L606 Sheet Pile Decking - 60 tonnes
- 24No. 805 x 26.1 Bearing Piles @ 32m long
- 28No. 666 x 25.4 Bearing Piles @ 32m long
- L606 Sheet Pile Decking - 275 tonnes
Due to concurrent project activities and other contractor operations Briggs had to work towards extremely tight deadlines and with restricted access on the South Jetty due to working within a Site of Special Scientific Interest and on the North Jetty we were working adjacent to Scottish Power property.
- Hitachi CX900 crawler crane with a 40m boom
- 2No. Hitachi CX700 crawler crane with 30m booms
- 2No. CX85 Impact hammers
- 17HFV Vibrating hammer (100t centrifugal force)
- 13HF1 Vibratory hammer (77t centrifugal force)